Do you find journaling, or reflecting in other ways, helps you process and understand yourself, others, and the world better?
Here are a few journal prompts around the idea of rest.
- Are you open to examining your own perceptions of rest, leisure, and vacation?
- What did you learn about rest growing up?
- Were you encouraged to take time off, to play, or hide away in your room with a creative project? Or were you accused of frittering away time or pushed into a rigorous enrichment schedule?
- Did your family take vacations? How were they spent?
- How did your family view others who took time to rest and play?
- What do you think of when you consider rest time, play time, and idle time? Then? Now?
- How do you feel when you see other people engage in rest?
- How would your wiser, best self like to engage with rest or relaxation? What’s keeping that from happening?
- What would you like to say to the anxious parts of yourself about rest or relaxation?
I hope these spark some interesting thoughts.
Feel free to share any reflections in the comments, with others you trust, or to keep them to yourself.